The other night Laura was over and I wanted to make her dinner. Laura is vegan and it turns out the pasta sauce I had on hand had cheese in it, so I wanted to get creative.
Brown Sugar Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar (make sure it’s unrefined if you’re vegan, just to be safe!)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Chopped Zucchini, Brocoli, Onion
- Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 Cups Pasta Of Your Choice
- I started with about a 1/4 cup of olive oil and some garlic powder.
- I tossed in chopped zucchini, brocoli and onion. Toss the veggies in the olive oil and cook on high heat.
- Add a tablespoon of brown sugar sprinked over the veggies and several dashes of Frank’s Red Hot
- Continue to cook covered on high medium heat
- Cook your choice of pasta
- Add cooked pasta to veggies.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper. Sprinkle another tablespoon of brown sugar and several dashes of Frank’s Red Hot. Stir and cover.
*Disclaimer: I am not vegan, therefore if something I’ve said is incorrect, please do politely let me know!