You might remember my previous Granola Bar recipe from a few months back. Tonight, I tried something new. I didn’t have any nuts or cranberries, so I got creative. These are great for work snacks, and are sweet without too much added sugar. I really like the combination of peanut butter and nutella! The coffee is an added kick.
Nutella Coconut Granola Bars
- 1 cup packed dates, pitted & chopped
- 1 tablespoon pure honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter of your choice (You could substitute any nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons nutella
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut instant coffee
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free for GF eaters)
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Process your dates in a food processor or blender into smaller pieces. Soak your dates in water for 10 minutes to maintain sticky consistency.
- In a small saucepan melt honey, nutella and peanut butter together until blended.
- Add Instant Hazelnut Coffee.
- Add oats and shredded coconut to the saucepan. Stir well.
- Line a 8×4 pan with parchment or wax paper to make it easy to life the bars out.
- Put in refridgerator or freezer for 30 minutes or until they do not fall apart when you eat them!