Hi Hi! I’m back with another DIY project that is perfect timing for those who may have forgotten all about that pesky commercial holiday that’s coming up, tomorrow.
I put together these adorable matching mugs, great gifts for partners, friends or family members, in a matter of 10 minutes.
The best part? If you enjoy painting your nails, you probably already have the two main ingredients at home.
What You’ll Need:
- Nail Polish in colours of your choice
- A plastic bowl large enough to partially submerge your ceramics
- toothpick or plastic spoon
- paper towel
- DecoArt Dishwasher Safe Decoupage
- Fill a plastic bowl/dish with water.
- Place 5-10 droplets of each colour of nail polish onto the surface of the water. It should float on top.
- Using a spoon or toothpick, swirl colours into a pattern of your choosing.
- Dip entire ceramic mug, or partially dip the mug, in a rolling motion across the top of the water.
- Remove mug from water.
- Pat, do not rub, dry with paper towel if there are clumps of nail polish.
- Coat with a dishwasher safe decoupage.
- Note, you could use water/tea in the mugs, but I won’t guarantee how safe it is. However, you can wash them in the dishwasher without issues if you seal them with decoupage!