Who else is heading to some festivals before summer is over? WayHome, Boots & Hearts, Osheaga, Riverfest and more are still coming down the pipe before summer’s end in the Toronto area. One of my favourite things to do for festivals is to create some DIY projects to wear! Festival style is always a ton of fun, and you can truly be yourself!
Obviously flower crowns are one of the most popular festival wears, they are cute and super easy to make or available at many stores! This DIY cost me about $5 to make and took 10 minutes of my time. I picked everything up at the dollar store.
What You’ll Need:
- Elastic Hair Band
- Fake (or real) flowers
- Glue Gun
- If you are using flowers similar in shape and size to mine, cut the foliage to be about as long as one side of your hair band.
- Using a glue gun, or other adhesive, put a small dot of glue near one end of the stem of a piece of foliage and press against the hair band.
- Repeat on the other end of the stem of the foliage.
- Cut another piece of foliage about the same length and repeat steps 2 and 3 on the other side of the hair band.
- Cut 2-5 pieces of florals (like my purple lavender) and place between foliage. Glue in a similar fashion to foliage pieces.
- Be sure to leave a space for the back of your head that does not have foliage or florals in order to ensure the headband is still able to stretch.
- Optional** Using the leaves from the foliage cover the ends of stems where you placed glue to give a cleaner look.
- Place on head and rock out!