This year has already been a whirlwind. I can’t believe we are nearly halfway through April, and May (and my 25th birthday!) is just around the corner. In Toronto, the weather has started to get much nicer, baseball season has officially kicked off in the city, and my mood is infinitely better. There have been some ups and some downs, but 2017 is off to a pretty good start, and I can’t wait to see what is in store for the rest of the year.
While I didn’t make any goals for 2017 in particular, I’ve loved seeing some monthly recaps from other bloggers, seeing their highlights, favourites and more. Since it’s more than likely I will forget to write once a month on the topic, I’ve decided to do something quarterly, with a focus on three months at a time. Here is what 2017 has looked like so far!
- Rowan and I got a dog!
- I have hosted 7 DIY workshops so far this year, with another 4 on the horizon in the next month!
- Made it through Dx3 2017 AND Memory Ball in one piece (#RipWhiteClutch)
- I had some amazing opportunities, like working with Brows By Julie, swimming like a mermaid, boosting my confidence with Naturana Canada and more!
- I began posted DIY videos to my blog and Facebook
- I cut out refined sugar for 3 WHOLE WEEKS, and am hoping to do more of this in the coming months, making it more permanent
- I joined a bunch of amazing women at White Umbrella Media’s #GirlGangAppreciation Launch!
- Once Dx3 was over, I was hoping to go to more events, hang out with friends, and go for coffee with more people. I spent a lot of time being sick, tired & lazy instead.
- While I hit 5k Instagram followers this year, I haven’t seen much growth since, and I haven’t seen much growth across other platforms (although I’ve seen better engagement!)
- I’ve been stressed, anxious, and uncomfortable a lot. I need to be more open and communicative with the ones close to me!
- My first workshops sold out, while my latest ones haven’t. However, the smaller groups make for more intimate interactions!
- I haven’t gotten as much blog/biz planning done as I would have liked.
Things I’m Obsessed With
- Boohoo.com: I recently made some purchases from this website and I can’t get enough of them! Some of my outfits with some of there pieces are below. I’ve linked so some similar (or exact!) pieces as well!
- Embroidery: You’ll soon see some cool embroidery DIYs coming to the blog!
- Marble Everything: Now that I’ve figured out this marbling technique, I’m marbling EVERYTHING!
- Plants: I haven’t gotten over how cute plants are in my life! I’m a proud plant mama 🙂
Shop These Looks
What I’m Reading
- Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo – Amy Schumer
- Riverdale Comic (Based on the TV Show!)
- Thug Kitchen (we’re meatless this month!)
What I’m Watching
- 13 Reasons Why
What I’m Looking forward to for Q2
- My 25th Birthday! I’m planning something Harry Potter themed
- More Workshops + Partnerships
- Increasing my social media following, and keeping up with engagement
- Softball Season Starts
- Blue Jays Games
- Camping/Cottaging with Friends
- Hosting my first Baby Shower
I’m SOOO behind on TV & Reading, I seem to be doing more Instagramming & Blog Reading these days! How was the first quarter of 2017 for you?